Tuesday 30 June 2015

Detox Diary - Meal Hints and Tips

Detox Diary - Day 1

It may be a Tuesday - not all detox programmes and healthy eating initiatives have to start on a Monday! - but I'm conducting a little experiment to show you how following a clean nutritional food plan for a 9 day period (in homage to the Clean 9 super-detox!) can be easy and fun! 


After your Forever Living Clean 9 detox you will feel amazing; light and full of energy, improved skin condition; have a clearer and more positive way of thinking AND you will have dropped a few pounds to boot! But as I explained; this programme is not to be confused with a diet - it should be seen as a starting block to a new way of life; and should change your attitude towards your diet and ultimately towards yourself! 

A real bugbear of mine is that healthy eating means a boring diet. Not true! Over the next 9 days I want to share a few of my favourite foods and meals with you and hopefully provide a little inspiration for your recipes at home. Simple to prepare, easy ingredients to source and really tasty!


If you are embarking on a clean-eating programme; for the first couple of weeks at least, you will find it helpful to start keeping a food diary. This gives you some idea of what foods you enjoy; the meals that you keep going back to and the foods that you love to eat (I mean sneaky snacks! - maybe we could find a healthier alternative?!). The key is to be honest. Details matter - don't miss out the little 'extras' while you are starting this journey - as with most Mummy's, I used to be terrible for picking at the left over food on the plate of my son's dinner! I used to squeeze washing up liquid over it as soon as he finished his meal - this stops the temptation as it's completely inedible and also stops me from consuming the unwanted calories - do I really need it?!

I usually introduce a session of clean-eating into my diet every so often to re-encourage good habits and to dispel the bad ones - especially if I feel that I have been 'burning-the-candle-at-both-ends' as I have of late! (Sunny evenings with gin and tonics and glasses of wine in the garden!)

Detox Diet: Day 1:

I started my day at 6.00 - the lighter mornings make it easier to start your day on a good note! - half an hour of yoga and 15 minutes of running... simple light exercise! Remember, exercise is more than just keeping fit - it gives you time to yourself and time to think. 

Morning Wake-Up: Hot Water and Lemon
(A great digestion cleanser - I really enjoy drinking this in the morning over tea and coffee - try with freshly grated ginger too if you want more of a boost!) Throughout the day keep hydrated with lots of water; it is what your body needs most!

Breakfast: Boiled Egg and Asparagus with Green Tea and Lemon
Lunch: Prawn and Sashimi Salad with Coconut Water
Snack: 1 Rice Cake with Peanut Butter with Sunflower Seeds 
Dinner: Salmon Fillet (cooked in walnut oil) with Brown Basmati, Quinoa and Salad

Cheats?!: Planning a detox on the day I organise a trip to the cinema is not the best idea BUT I've found a guilt-free (kind of!) alternative to popcorn - Metcalfe's skinny popcorn is delicious and with only 115 calories per 25g serving (a large bag is 75g) it is a go-to option if you feel you must snack! I've chosen 'honey on toast' flavour and with three of us sharing it I probably won't even get my 25g serving! 

Tmw: Detox Diet: Day 2





No comments:

Post a Comment