Tuesday 23 June 2015

Eat yourself thin!

Healthy eating doesn't have to be about 
hard work and tasteless food; applying simple changes to your eating habits can be inspiring and delicious and can really make a difference to your whole quality of life. As a lover of food; I have always been guided by taste - but for many years this consisted of quick, convenience food which allowed me more time to focus on other priorities in my life rather than making sure that my body was getting the healthy balanced diet that it needed. Most weeks I veered from being super-sensible and eating the food I genuinely enjoyed like fish, avocado, fruits, salads and nuts to existing on Muller light yogurts and sweets. My moods constantly dipped, I felt tired and run-down and although I was slim on the outside; I wasn't healthy on the inside. 

I soon realised that something had to change. The journey into changing the way that I ate and how I perceived foods was a long and difficult one. I really missed the quick-fix 'meals' after a few glasses of wine with friends; the quick-fix 'meals' hashed together while quickly getting ready to meet for a few glasses of wine with friends... (there's a pattern here!!) I didn't have time to get more assertive in the kitchen and actually 'assemble' a nutritious healthy dinner! But something had to give; and soon creating nutritious meals become less of a chore and more of a pleasure. 

Over time, I began to appreciate the fact that I knew what was going into my meals. I looked for recipes which consisted of all of the food groups - proteins, fats and plants - needed to encourage optimum health - a simple and 'clean' way to think about eating. Here are my three golden rules; 1. I know it's expensive but try to opt for organic where possible 2. be creative in your kitchen and 3. move out of your comfort zone with your cooking and eating habits - you may surprise yourself!

Read my blog for inspiration to try new 600 kcal recipes, get Aloe healthy and change your outlook on life. Embrace the new you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment