Tuesday 1 March 2016

Hello March!!

Hello March! Where is this year going?!
Today is officially the first day of Spring and although the weather may not be living up to my seasonal expectations, my outlook and attitude definitely is!

Spring is probably my favourite season. It signifies a new start, life, growth and renewal. It's a great time of the year to let go of all of those negative thoughts which have been weighing heavy on your mind and look forward to a positive start.

Now is a great time to embark on something that you've been putting off - that big wardrobe clear out, decorating a tired looking room, searching for new job or starting a new health and fitness regime... and I choose the latter.

The last few months have been tough to say the least and it would seem that I needed Mother Nature to present a moment to bring myself forward and open my eyes to something new.
I always need a point to work from - my rules are - never start a new regime on a Monday (too many expectations and such a cliche!), know what your goals are and what you want to achieve and be realistic.

I am striving to step up my commitment to healthy eating, to throw in a lot more 'extra' exercise and to add a much needed hefty pinch of self belief. As healthy, wholesome food is my thing it's a good point to work from; I have my weak moments and my cravings like most, but nothing makes me feel better than knowing I've cooked something from scratch with fresh ingredients - I know what's gone into it, I know that there's no nasty additives and hidden surprises such as a whole heap of salt or sugar.

Good food is the definitely the key - it doesn't just feed your body but also your mind and soul as well. The planning, the preparation and the action of cooking are all as important as each other and as equally therapeutic. A healthy mind and a healthy body should stand me in good stead.

It's time to move forward and there's no time like the present! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment